Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Bounce

“I mean, they say you die twice. One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time.”
        ― Banksy
I heard this quote the other day, and I couldn't get it out of my head.  Have you ever heard something and it just seems to bounce around in your head?  Our minds create these threads through our past experiences, and sometimes words or sounds can powerfully resonate through them.

This concept wandered in and out of my mind for the next couple of days.  Every time I remembered someone from my past, living or dead, I felt that they were still with me.  As long as I remember them and the impact they had they will never be gone.

I think learning is a lot like that.  Occasionally, I have discussions with people on what makes a great learning experience.  Is it fantastic content?  Maybe it's a really memorable classroom experience.  Or perhaps a great instructor?

It's really all of that, and none of that. 

What makes a great learning experience are those threads, those new skills that will resonate at some point in time for the learner.  It's more than what they remember, it's what they use.

Great learning simply resonates.


No comments:

Post a Comment